Saturday, January 9, 2010

The man in the cape

Okay so here I am not terribly heart broken about breaking up with my boyfriend of several months on New Years Eve. That was just over a week ago but it was hoovering there for almost two months. Normally I'm not one to waffle on such things but the relationship seemed to fluctuate between 60% and 90%. When it was at 60% I thought to myself what a nice guy he was but that I couldn't see it working out. Then when it was at 90% I'd think that maybe it would last. Anyway, I think I was ready for it and he provided the venue and public humiliation to seal the deal.



So I'm over him and thinking that I'll get back out there. Unfortunately....or maybe fortunately I had failed to cancel my subscription to a well know internet dating service. You may know it because they always have tv commercials where the cutest people on earth found each other....as if they needed help in the first place. Now they are incredibly in love skipping down the beach on tv to rub it in. Anyway I met a new guy on said site who showed some promise. One of the things I always ask them to do early on is to tell me 10 random things about themselves. I go first to kind of set the tone for what I'm looking for. I get back all kinds of answers. So Mr. New guy with some potential tells me that he owns two capes as one of his 10 things. One black and one Superman. I ask you, how do I not comment on that? I thought it was very light teasing but apparently Mr NG is quite sensative about his capes. Guess I will be moving on to a new NG. Sigh. Lesson learned. Never tease someone with a Superman cape because they probably don't think any of it is funny. My advice....run away!!



Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment