Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cat for sale, cookies for free


Andrew just finished grade 6 and is off to the awesome world of Junior High. In celebration his class had an end of the year party. All the kids were asked to bring something so Drew signed up for cookies. Not a huge deal in the big scheme of things but it just so happened I was having a brutally bad day. Over the previous three nights I had a sum total of sleep that would probably be recommended in one night. That came with it a rockin' migraine headache. You can imagine how good my mood was too. It was just one of those days when I should have just pulled the blanket up and over my head before I even hit snooze button in the morning. But Drew was so excited about the cookies that I couldn't help but want to make some for his party.

Before we could even think about the cookies though we needed to deal with dinner. Even though I was feeling like a bus had backed up over me I managed to make a home cooked meal.....despite the fact that the McDonald's was screaming oh so loudly to me.....okay well the McDonald's near us is undergoing a complete renovation which may have slightly impacted my decision to just cook.....but I'll take all the credit for being a wonderful mother anyway. I also managed to not only make 4 dozen cookies but I even had the patience to have the kids help me every step of the way too. 



You will notice that they opted out of the cleaning up part. Sigh.



So after all of that you'd think I deserved a major award and a few freshly baked hero cookies right? So what did I get instead? I will tell you. Just try not to be too jealous. I got another pile of cat poop on my bed.....discovered when I went upstairs to go to sleep. Awesome don't you think? It was good though....while I waited for the laundry to finish I had plenty of time to list the cat on E-bay. Okay I didn't but I really wanted to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment