Sunday, January 29, 2012

Drain Bramage



I got a letter on Friday saying that my doctor had referred me to the Brain Injury Clinic. That's an awesome piece of mail to open up don't yah think? The appointment will take place exactly 16 months to the day of my accident. It's actually scheduled 25 minutes prior to the exact moment......but who's counting?

It's hard to think of yourself as having a brain injury. I guess the idea of your brain as the core of who you really are makes it seem more traumatic say than having a heart problem or a broken leg. I am being sent there because of my ongoing "post concussive" issues. Still dealing with dizziness and headaches. Feeling dazed and tired some days. The good news is while I've continued to trip over objects I couldn't locate in time and space I am thrilled to announce I haven't walked into a wall in months. Woo hoo. I guess this is me getting better! Yay Colleen!!

I'm still hopeful for a full recovery. In my pre-accident days I was fairly active. I played soccer, went skating and swimming with the kids, and generally could get along in the world. I'm getting there. I'm too stubborn not to. Brain Injury Clinic here I come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment