Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recognizing normal


Life has been so insanely busy the last few months. My average week consists of a physio appointment with my awesome PT who makes me laugh, an hour massage which isn't as relaxing as it sounds, my vestibular appointment to keep me from walking into walls....very important, and sometimes my doctor. Then Andrew is undergoing assessments with a physiotherapist, speech pathologist, and occupational therapist.....oh my. The assessments have been part of our quest for specialized services which will basically provide him with some intensive intervention. This of course will bring more appointments. Woo hoo. Bring it!!

Oh and let's not forget about Miss Camryn who is still in the midst of an Autism assessment. She also plays soccer a few times a week and I'm the team manager. Now that I am feeling a bit better after my car accident I'm back at work for 3 hours a day.
Sleeping has become optional.

As my life gets back to a so called normal I am reflecting on how insane it is....or maybe it's just me that's bonkers. Either way we are so stupidly busy I wonder how the heck I'll know when it is actually normal again. I had hoped by this point....6 months after my car accident that my life would look more like it did before hand. Instead every step in that direction seems to bring with it more chaos and appointments.

So if you see me rocking in the corner talking to a stuffed cat as if it were real there is no need to worry. Apparently my complete mental breakdown is the new normal. I see it and I accept it. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment